Monday, January 20, 2014

Joy Prayers: The Times When I Wanted to Give Up




Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them. 
Psalm 126:6

God
you have given me seeds to sow in the Earth
through
my talents,
my time,
my energy.

I have tried to be faithful
with the work 
you have given me to do.

There are times that I have wanted to give up Lord
but
you were faithful to keep the vision alive within me.



There are times 
when I ignored the vision,
so tired of waiting for the work that was planted 
to produce a harvest.

I have become 
bitter,
envious, 
angry
yes to the point of tears sometimes,
yes to the point of wanting to give up.

And yet you were still there Lord
wiping my tears, 
helping to carry the seed to sow. 


I pray Lord 
for the returning of the harvest,
for the seeds sown 
to break out into bountiful sheaves
too numerous for me to count.

I pray God
knowing that what the seeds are producing now
is EXACTLY 
what you have planned for it to produce.

Renew my patience
as I trust that your timing is perfect. 

And your provision is always
more than I can ask or think.

 Find more of my work CLICK HERE

No comments: