Thursday, January 17, 2013

If Joy is the Essence of Life Why is it so Hard to Define?


Joy is the word that has been showing up in little ways in my life since this year began.  What is joy?  Why is it necessary?  Joy seems to me to be the essence of life.  The outcome of things you are hoping for but have not accomplished yet. The way you manage your anxiety and your impatience until you fully accomplish what you are working toward.  

Joy.  The whispering of the word brings a smile to my heart.  I want more joy.  I want the byproducts of joy: peace, contentment, a settling in. 

I will be exploring this word all year and I hope you will join me.  I would love to hear from you about your thoughts on joy.  How do you define joy?  What brings you joy?  What is the value of joy?  These are some of the questions I want to explore - won't you join me?

Find more of my work CLICK HERE