Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 25: You Know Sometimes I Just Need a Little Light to Help Me Shine

 

 Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.

-

Psalm 126:5

 Lord,

sometimes discouragement comes out of nowhere

and overwhelms my sense of hope in what you are doing in my life.

 

 

I come to you Lord when I am weary

and

your Spirit

holds me close

your words whispers reminders in my ears

your people offer the hugs I need

to bring me back

to where I need to be.

 

 

Help me to never forget

the way you have provided for these times in my life

as if to say

there is no avoiding

this type of discouragement.

 

 

You show yourself mighty

 

 


 

even in this:

that you provide a way of escape

out of the discouragement

so that I can stand up under it.

 

 

Glory and honor and praise to you God,

my provider of all of my needs

physical

emotional

spiritual

 

 


 

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true,

there is life and joy."

-Proverbs 13:12

 

 

It seems to me that hope and dreams are intertwined. In the most

adverse circumstances that I have faced, I find that if I am able to hold

onto a little goal, a little dream, something that is placed just a bit

outside of the realm of the situation...

 

 

I can find a way to will myself forward.

Take one more step.

Not lose hope.

 

 

Today reflect on some of those times in your life where

You had no answers

You did not know which way to turn

You had no choice but to endure…

Yet somehow…

You found a little hope.

 

 


 

Joy in Action Moment:

 

 

What activity did you use to help you stand up under the weight of

the circumstance that was before you?

What was the thing you focused on?

What helped you to endure?

 

 

Your Response:

 

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: