Monday, July 24, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 22: Maybe It Is Time to Change What you are Focusing On

 

 Fill my heart with joy when the new grain and wine abound.

-

Psalm 4:7

God, I can feel that you are changing me

in ways I never realized

I could change.

 

 

As I continue to put my trust in you,

you are changing me before my eyes

into someone

I am so happy with.

 

 

Those areas that I have been longing to change…

that I have been unable to do on my own…

I thank you Lord.

 

 

Those habits that I could not seem to let go of…

I thank you God.

 

 

Remind me of the

situations

Circumstances

People

 

 

 

you have delivered me from

and reveal to me

a new sense of purpose for my life

 

 


 

Where is your focus?

 

Focus is a powerful tool. Athletes use focus all the time to

accomplish seemingly impossible feats of strength and endurance.

Artists and musicians spend years honing their craft despite the lack

of financial return and many times personal accolades for the gift they

are nurturing.

 

I tend to use the words FOCUS and DWELL interchangeably, I

think where your mind dwells, where your heart dwells, where your

energy is placed is the direction your life is moving in.

 

Trouble is this view on focus pertains to any area you put focus: past

mistakes, a bad relationship, and a failure.

 

Take some time this week to pay attention to where your focus is.

 

And then decide if those thoughts are taking you in the direction you

want to go.

 


 

Joy In Action Moment:

 

Read the verse Philippians 4:8 from the bible and take some time to

access where your focus has been lately; where your mind tends to

dwell. Make some conscious decisions about 1 or 2 shifts you need

to make.

 


 

Your Response:

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: