Sunday, July 23, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 20: It's Time to Make the Decision to Impact your Surroundings

 

 My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I whom you have

delivered.

-

Psalm 71:3

 

God, you want the world to see how you can take one life and make it Meaningful

Lovely

Fulfilled

joy filled

 

 

I want to look to you more to find that awareness for myself.

 

 

Bring to mind an area of my life

or an opportunity that you have placed in my life

that would deepen my understanding

of this abundant life.

 

 

And then help me to be mindful

that people in my community

– my family, my friends, my job, small group –

are curious to see what you are going to do.

 

 Who controls you?

 

A few months back I COULD FEEL the stress mounting in the

office I work in. We were in the middle of tax season and we were all

overworked and tired and attempting to keep a good attitude with

each other and a sense of humor about the amount of work that

needed to be done.

 

But each of us at any given time was waiting for the other shoe to

drop. This façade only works as long as we each are not given one

more thing to do.

 

Well you know what happened. Something needed to be done and

someone got assigned the task and the emotions flew and the mood

shifted and the tense silence set in.

 

These are the moments where finding joy has to be intentional.

 

Time for a time out.

 

Yep I think this should be mandatory for us grownups. Take the walk.

Hold the tongue. Breathe a few deep breaths. A little mental

distance from the stress.

 

More times than not intentional joy causes the tense situation to be

kept in proper perspective until the pressure subsides.

 


 

Joy in Action Moment:

 

Look for a time this week that you can take a time out and (a) see how

that feels for you in the moment when you make that choice (b) be

more mindful of the heart shift you feel when you take those few

moments to breathe.

 


 

Your Response:

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: