Sunday, August 6, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 11: You Need to Have a Boot Camp for your Mind

 

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he

helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

 -Psalm 28:7

God there are so many times that I feel like

I have too many obstacles to contend with

and they seem to be never ending.

 

All I can do is rely on the words

you have spoken to my heart 

 

about the good work you have begun in me.

Have mercy on me Lord.

Ease the bitterness of discouragement.

The hope of what you have begun burns inside me,

a consuming fire Lord.

To the point that it makes my heart feel sick.

 

Remind me Lord that it is the chasing after you,

your voice,

your heart

and your good pleasure

that is ultimately

the best part of any vision

you have put within me.

 

Remind me that my life belongs to you;

however you choose to navigate it.

 

 And Lord, help me to not look simply to outside circumstances

to reveal my progress in life in terms of this vision.

Remind me that this life is going according to your plan

I yield my ways to you.

 


 How to train your mind

 

Step 1: Get Clear -now you can go at this two different ways either

by focusing on what you don't want or by getting clear about what you

do want. And clarity has to do with becoming very specific. Not

simply ambiguities like "I want to be happy" but

 

"These are the reasons I am not happy"

"Here are the people that cause me to feel less happy"

"Here are the circumstances that need to change"

 

Not "I want a new job" but

"Here are the jobs I had before that I did not like"

"Here are the jobs that made me satisfied"

"Here are the attributes that my ideal job needs to tap into"

 

 Step 2: Give yourself action items to work on -You need to be able

to gauge that you are moving in the right direction.

 

Step 3: Set up some deadlines to get things done

 

 Joy in Action Moment:

 

Think about a particular situation you are facing today and apply the

three steps discussed above.

                    

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

No comments: