Saturday, August 5, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 12: You Have to Choose to Grow Your Character

 

 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.

Then it was said among the nations, “The LORD has done great

things for them.”

-

Psalm 162:2

 Lord, I thank you

that you have caused so much

change and growth in my life.

 

I no longer choose to walk in the ways I used to

hang out in the situations

or

with the people

that would draw my heart and my mind away from you.

 

 

You have in mind

the work you have begun in me.

 

Help me not to get in the way of you completing it Lord.

Give me more faith to yield to the plans you have for me.

Help me to walk into the changes you desire for me,

remembering all the many times you have faithful to me in the past.

 

IN particular, I thank you Lord for doing this for

Me:_______________________________________________

 

When I think of this, I know without a doubt you are calling me

into:_______________________________________________

 

Thank you for your love

and

your grace

as I move into this new thing

 

 

Do you work your emotional muscles?

 

Did you know you really can have an enlarged capacity to love more

deeply, give more freely, and have more joy?

 

How does that happen?

 

You actually have to choose to put yourself in a situation that causes

you to have to stretch the quality/characteristic you want to grow in

your life.

 

What to gain more self control?

 

Deny yourself the little things you can easily buy without waiting.

Give a bit more than your budget comfortably allows. Reach out to

someone who is not especially loveable.

 

Many times we are able to avoid change, growth, confrontation. We

must be intentional about the area in our lives that we want to

change/deepen/grow.

 

Joy In Action Moment:

 

What area of your life do you want to grow? Come up with 3 specific

ways to challenge yourself. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: