Friday, August 15, 2014

Spark and Inspire Question #5: What Color is your Business?

 photo credit



QUESTION #5

What color is your Business?

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to save the world and a desire to savor the
world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-

E.B. White 
I can’t believe I am saying this but the color of my business is pink! I am
not normally into pink and actually I very rarely wear the color. When I
first started my business I gravitated to orange and yellow and all things
funky, all things boho. And then suddenly my life, my heart, my business
took a feminine turn.

I got more heart centered, more soulful. The business became more about
the “why” I do business and why I was just the person to serve those that
connect in my business. So here I am embracing who I am… and embracing
pink.

Kelly Thiel:

I had to think about this one for about 2 seconds. Then I knew. Pale
Yellow. My business is Pale Yellow for several reasons. Right now, I know
that my business is a paler version of what it could be. I want it to be a
bright, blazing, and cheerful yellow, but right now it isn’t. My business is at
a slow simmer and hopefully over the next few years as the kids start
school, I’ll be able to turn up the heat and bring it to a boil. It’s an exciting
thought and one that keeps me awake at night!

Nolwenn Petitbois:

I would say «Teal». Because running Inner Voices feels like being on a
constant wave. Sometimes I crash and burn on the rocks that are put in my
way, sometimes I feel like I am on top of the World and can accomplish
everything my Heart and Soul desire.

I am swimming in a huge ocean of Creative beings and it is not always easy
to find my place, to figure out how to get noticed in all the wonderful art
that is created and shared and sold each day.

Jan Avellana:

Right now, my hand stamped jewelry business is in transition in a big way,
so I’d have to say that dark grey describes my business at the moment.
There are many things I am letting go of, many new things I am venturing
towards, but right now I am in the middle of getting from here to there.
This is the scary moment of letting go, that moment of leaping before the
net appears. All is not lost, since I do believe that the best is yet to be,
that’s why I’ve chosen “grey” and not “black”! There is a quote by Anatole
France and it reads:

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we
leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we
can enter another.”

This is what “grey” speaks to me today...

Sonya McCllough:

The color that describes my business these days is GREY ... a sweet
combination of black & white (which express my view of this world)

Jean Simrose:

I’ve always had an affinity to turquoise. When I was designing my business
cards I decided to use a favorite photograph my husband took of a
dragonfly. To make the picture more dramatic we decided to make a color
negative of it. The red dragonfly turned out turquoise and the green
rosebud turned purple.

Turquoise: represents a higher heart; creative communicators; trusting
intuition and femininity.

Purple: represents higher mind power; good judgment; peace of mind and
inspiration.

I love these two colors together and they seem to fit with my creative
business.


Leanne Wargowsky:

When I first read this question, I thought "easy peesy!" But the more I
looked at the color wheel, I felt drawn to so many of the colors out there.
Trying to narrow an artistic person down to one color is quite a challenge.

The color RED is represented widely in my studio, as bookshelves and
frames and accent pieces here or there. Red gives off a great energy and
inspires me to take chances and be BOLD in my work. However, I must
choose YELLOW as the main color to describe my business . . . Bright and
sunny, and full of creative energy. Yellow is said to stimulate mental
processes and encourage communication. Much of my art has to do with
inspiring and encouraging, and I can't think of a better way to encourage
communication with others.

"Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a
yellow spot into the sun." -Pablo Picasso

Kelly Warren:

“I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice in the brilliant
ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.” ~ Sir Winston Churchill.

Did you know that Winston Churchill was also an artist? And his quote
sums up my love of color. What color describes my business? Bright, happy
colors! The name of my business I think clearly reflects my outlook on life
and my love of color. When you think of a “happy shack,” what color do
you picture it to be? I certainly don’t think of brown. I think of bright
Caribbean blue, with pink porch ceilings and aqua doors.

Every room inside this little shack is painted a different color, each just as
happy. And in this, my friends, I have truly described for you what my own
home looks like to a T. And that love of color is reflected in my work. My
jewelry designs are filled with brightly colored handmade glass beads and
gemstones, my photography is juicy with saturated color, and my mixed
media work is spilling in color as well. I can’t pick a favorite. I love every
color on God’s beautiful rainbow.

Stephanie Amos:

After putting much thought into this I have concluded
that orange describes KoiStudios. I have three reasons why. One is that
orange is one of my favorite colors. It’s such a cheerful color and makes me
happy. I would hope that anyone that collects my art is happy when they
receive a package from KoiStudios. The second reason is that orange is a
warm and inviting color, one that represents me and my business well. The
last reason reflects the name of my business, KoiStudios. When I think of
koi fish, I immediately think of the orange koi first. So naturally, orange is
the best color that describes my business!




YOUR TURN:

What color is your Business?

 To purchase Spark and Inspire or Any of my Faith and Creativity Resources:

CLICK HERE

No comments: