Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Creative Peace Book Review: Just Add Watercolor



I first heard about this book while looking at Helen Hallows' blog - she is one of the artists featured in this book.  I have been attracted to her work because of the delicate feeling and the mood of the work.  



I first started playing with watercolors when my husband was stationed in Germany in 2010.  We had limited access to art supplies where we were stationed.  BUT there was this little store (equivalent to a Walgreens here in the U.S.) that carried these rich vibrant watercolor sets for $3USD - I could just KICK myself for not stocking up on these when we left.  I can't get these same watercolors for any less than $15.00 here.

I was intrigued by both the title of this book and by the cover which hints at the diversity of artists represented inside.  Not only does the book deliver with this feast of talent but also in the little tips that you can try on your own to begin your own work as a watercolor explorer.

I look at this book when I am getting ready to begin any creative project whether it is writing or creating a project for one of the local classes I teach.  It feels like a mental pump priming to dive into color, richness and possibility.  I think that you will enjoy this book too.


NOTE: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments: