Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Creative Peace Book Review: The World Needs More Love Letters


 I do not know how I came across Hannah Brencher but I can honestly say I am so glad that I did.  Her blog is one whose voice has been speaking deeply to me in 2015.  She does not go into details about the reason behind her transformational voice but man oh man it is a powerhouse change.  And as one who is feeling many changes coming on since the death of my father two years ago and now having to make some tough decisions about my mother I am CRAVING a sense of purpose, legacy and understanding in a world that seems to be getting more cold, more harsh, and more careless in its treatment of one another.


As a military wife, I was drawn to this book because I wrote letters to my friends back in the U.S. while stationed in Germany.  I also encouraged my daughter to do the same.  I am very pleased to say that my daughter received many delightful letters during the months we were stationed in Germany.  I was not that lucky.  Everyone's busy you know.  Busy. Busy. Busy.  So busy and yet so alone. 

I love the layout of the book.  The stationary colors invite you to sit down and fill the words with little stories, stories to share with friends.  A snapshot in time. A reminder that someone is being thought of.  I did it while in Germany.  I did it while my son was in boot camp.  Just put a little not on the calendar to sit down and write a note.  Something about getting something in the mail.  in your hands.  I gave this book to a friend as an invitation to begin our own writing relationship.  And it brought to mind someone else I can begin to write.

NOTE: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments: