Monday, August 11, 2014

Writer Girl: A Sneak Peek into the Book For Those Who Want to Develop a Writing Practice

photo credit




Writing is something that I have been drawn to since I was a little girl.  I can still remember the first time I received a diary with a little gold key.  The book was covered in flowers and my heart was imagining all the stories I would hide inside. 
Trouble is every time I sat down to write, nothing came to mind.  I would just sit there listing things like what I ate that day or little bullet points about what I wore or how excited I was to begin writing but not knowing what to write about.
I look back now and think about all the things I could have written about but the memories now are long faded.  No one in my immediate family wrote on a regular basis so there was no coach to guide me on how to move things along. 
Those memories moved me to create this book.  I hope that a glimpse into my writing life might help you to begin your practice and deepen it to the point where you find your purpose for writing.  I will share the starts and stops which are a natural progression of writing, especially if you have small children at home, a draining 9-5 job, are a single mom or a military spouse or just plain over committed in some form.  I have been in each of these positions so I understand that each season brings plenty of obstacles that hinder the desire to grow creatively.
I can say without a doubt you will experience a beautiful deepening in your creative life and in your relationship with God as you begin to set aside as little as 15 minutes a day to write or to create in whatever medium you choose.    I encourage you to expand your idea of what a writing life looks like and to see ways in which you are creative in all areas of your life.  I promise that this awareness will cause you to live life more fully.


To Purchase "Writer Girl"  or my other Faith and Creativity Resources:

No comments: