Monday, July 31, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 17: Reaping and Sowing in your Thinking

 

May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness;

may they always say, “The LORD be exalted, who delights in the

well-being of his servant.”

 -

Psalm 35:27

God, you have not forgotten me.

Even when I can't understand what is going on

Why I can't seem to get relief from the sadness of life.

 

You have not forgotten me.

 

Even when I am doing all that I need to do and still feel all alone and

without any answers.

 

 

You have not forgotten me.

Even when I have grown weary and can't think of one more reason I

need to go on.

 

 

You have not forgotten me.

 

 

I know you are always faithful to come into my circumstances

at just the right moment

or change my heart

or my mind on a matter that I am experiencing

And suddenly

Peace.

 

 


 

Reaping and Sowing

 

I remember an episode of a show called Little House on the Prairie

where a father was reprimanding his daughter for something she had

done and he said these words:

 

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW

 

Later in life when I read the verse in the Bible, my mind immediately

flashed back to this memory and all I could think was how careful I

needed to be because all my bad decisions will come back and get me.

 

We understand our actions have consequences.

 

Thank God that He has extended to me tons of grace where that is

not always the case.

 

I started thinking that maybe… just maybe… GOOD things sown will

reap GOOD benefits. What if I extend that understanding to the

idea that good thoughts lead to positive outcomes?

 

Maybe there is something to be said about making a shift mentally

first. Perhaps this shift might elicit a subsequent change in the

outcome I will experience later.

 


 

Face a difficult task that needs to be done that recognizes the

potential benefit for future opportunities to come my way. Based on

my response. Reap. Sow.

 


 

Joy In Action Moment:

 

This week bring the reaping and sowing philosophy into one area in

your life which you are experiencing frustration. Take a moment to

really pay attention to all the thoughts surrounding the situation

including feelings of helplessness and despair. Decide on one or two

little adjustments in your perspective of how to handle the

circumstance.

 


 

Your Response:

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

No comments: