Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Give Me Joy 16: Tell Me About Your Fears... You have Some Don't You?

  


When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

-

Psalm 94:19

God, thank you for the little ways that you remind me

about the joy in my heart

joy that you use to tend to me when I am feeling discouraged.

 

Joy that passes all understanding

despite discouragement

struggle

failure

disappointment.

 

You lead me into paths of awareness of how you watch over me

specifically. I feel it when:

 

 

I know it when I see:

 

I smile when I think of:

 

I need to feel your presence in this area today:

 

Thank you God that you give me your banner of love to

Cover

Protect

Defend

Shower

Hold me.

 

Have you thought about your fears lately?

 

What really hinders you from changing something in your life

or leaving a situation that is destructive

or moving into a new thing that you have wanted to do.

 

Moving toward the place you have been meaning to go.

 

Many times our choices are draped in fear. We can agree that fear

will always be with us, right?

 

But I wonder if the same fears that drive you today are the ones that

drove you 1 year ago? 5 years ago?

 


Joy in Action Moment:


Take some time over the next few days and really process this:

 

Do your fears have a common theme?

Have they evolved over the years?

Do you see any progression in the fears you face today vs. a year

ago?

Do they revolve around a particular person's expectations of you?

What will you do about these new awarenesses?

 

Your Response:

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: