Monday, March 26, 2012

20 Words


Comfort...
Familiar...
Ordinary.
{or}
Come to the Water
{to the}
Dream Giver
Warrior {you are}
{It's} time to 
Journey
Your Dream is
Unique and Important
{and only} yours...

The exercise is from the book Inner Excavation by Liz Lamoreaux.  It is from the section "Creating a Word Toolbox" and invites the reader to take a book off the shelf and pick the first 20 words that the reader is drawn to in the book.  The book I used is The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson.  

"The list is interesting to me.  The words that jump out really capture how this day (1/8/12) was for me.  I feel empowered.  The ideas were flowing and the tone of 2012 was set in an instant."

Reading over the list almost three months later, I feel like I have moved deeper into them.  The projects I am working on are not bringing instant gratification like the etsy shops usually do - meaning there is some cash flow.  I find myself second guessing the projects as a waste of time.  But I am following all the rules of my favorites creativity coaches and believing to God that when I am working out of my DEEPEST passion,  this will bring the success I am desiring.  I want to be able to support my family given the enormous sacrifice that has been made to pay for my education.  It seems somehow that this is the way the world is supposed to work, right?


Find more of my work CLICK HERE

No comments: