Monday, December 1, 2014

Faith and Creativity: What Shields you from the Harsh Places in Life?


 8.5 x 11 available now

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless 
-Psalm 84:11


When I want I get poetry into my body quickly, I always turn to the Psalms.  I mentioned the book by Lauren Winner called Still which I recently finished and highly recommend.  She referred to various poets and yet said she was not particularly fond of the Psalms which struck me as kind of funny.  I turn to this space probably more than most since I am a novice when it comes to finding a poet that hit my heart chords quickly and help me to calm down enough to see the hope in the world and love the people in my life as I should.  These words above were a suitable balm to bring me through the day. 
 

To Purchase my Faith and Creativity Resources:

No comments: