Monday, January 27, 2014

Joy Prayers: Look at All the Promises You have Given me




Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. 
Psalm 149:5


Lord, 
you instruct us
 to take every thought captive
 in light of the magnificent power 
given to us
 through the resurrection power of your Son Jesus.

  Holy Spirit
 counsel my mind 
as I wake up in the morning
 to watch for ways God is working in the world
 and
 give me tangible ways
 to join in with what you are doing in the world
 through my words,
 actions
 prayers
 in the midst of whatever is going on.



Release me
 from negative thought patterns
 that pull me into despair and hopelessness.   

I rebuke any harsh thoughts
 I let play in my head
 about who I am.

  You see me.
 You know me.
You know the plans you have for me.

  And You have not forgotten the promise you have given me.



I speak my promise now:  _____________________________


And as I lay down to sleep Lord
remind of how faithful you have been throughout the day 

Remind of your constant faithfulness to those around me.   

Fill my heart with the joy that reminds me of how blessed I am to call you Lord.

 Find more of my work CLICK HERE

No comments: