Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: Before the Music Dies

"Make sure you are saying something when you say something."- Erykah Badu


I am not a musician but I have such an appreciation for the craft.  This week I have been doing an incredible amount of soul searching about why I do what I do.  Why I write.  Why I create. The reality is that if it were about the money, I am pursuing the wrong goals.  And many times for the sake of family obligations and some misguided yard stick I have within, I want the money to equal the satisfaction I experience with the work I have been able to do over the past three years.  But I am beginning to let go of that measuring stick.

If you have a chance to move this documentary, I guarantee you it is worth viewing.  A beautiful piece of work to challenge your own creative peace.

 

No comments: