Saturday, August 19, 2023

Want more Joy? Day 1 The Ways We Begin to See God

 

 Did you know that joy opens you up to a clearer vision for how God is working in the world?

2013 was the year I sat down and decided that I wanted more joy in my life.  I have been toiling since 2008 trying to find my place in the world now that the old labels no longer fit. I grew intolerant of contributing to the consumer society. I could not bring myself to sell one more thing that did not align with God equipping us to love more, care about others and take more action our lives.

The little gem in looking for more joy is that I gathered more peace.

With peace I was able to live more patiently. As I lived more patiently I felt my kindness muscle developing more. And the kindness helped my eyes to drift toward the good in people.

 As I was reminded that people desire more joy and may be simply stuck in sadness, it prompted me to have more self control in my responses when I encountered less than joy filled people.

 As I developed self control, I started to see God's faithfulness not only to me but to the world as he caused relationships and circumstances to come together at the just the right time.

So I understand what a leap you will need to take with me as I say that as you develop more joy you will develop a deeper vision of how your life should be. Take the leap.

Take a moment...

What is Your Response? 

  

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: