Friday, August 14, 2015

My Creative Peace Book Review: The Realism Challenge


I have wanted to hone my drawing skills for a few months now so coming across this book felt pretty timely for me.  The book is well laid out and the author's voice is inviting throughout what could be a very intimidating challenge.

That said, I realize that I am so much better at learning artistic skills with a video or an in person experience.  Which is kind of odd because I learn SO MUCH from reading blogs and books so I was kind of surprised that I could not really settle down and do the lessons in this book.

I don't want to in any way dissuade you from buying this book because it is beautiful and carries a ton of tips.  For me though it helped because it put  Mark Crilley's talent on my radar and now I am plugged into his work on YouTube.



NOTE: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments: