Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Is It REALLY Worth Talking About?

photo credit


 What do you talk about?


You've heard the cliche if you haven't got something nice to say don't say anything at all.  I find that this has some pretty serious implications as to how you feel about your life as a whole.  What you are talking about is more than likely what you are thinking about.  And if what you are thinking about can't be fixed by having a conversation that can help reframe the situation or solve the problem then what is the point in having the conversation?

For example I began working for a tax attorney during the height of tax season.  So what was consuming my every thought: taxes!  But talking about them did not change the fact that they needed to get done or the amount of the workload or how fatigued I felt.  So I chose to have discussions that centered around OTHER things:

An upcoming event I was looking forward to
A great movie I recently saw
A new art project I am working on

ACTION MOMENT:

Is there something that you are talking about right now that ultimately causes more stress about the situation you are in rather than helps to create a new perspective?


Find more of my work CLICK HERE

No comments: