Monday, October 17, 2011

Artist Interview: Studio JRU

Name: Jennifer
Name of Business: Studio JRU
Creative Influences: God’s beauty all around us! My mom… she has always been very creative.
Preferred Medium of Creativity: mixed media paintings

Brief Bio: I am a mixed media artist living in rural Nebraska - gravel roads, fresh air, peace and quiet. I am married to my best friend, my husband, Heydon. Art has been a lifelong passion of mine. I feel blessed to have know since I was young that art was the gift GOD granted me for this journey. I want my work to reflect the beauty of God and I hopes it brings joy and inspiration to those who see it.


Links:

 What is some of your earliest creative memories? 

I remember as a young girl I would sit in front of the tv watching painters on the local public television station. I would have my paints and scrap cardboard or something like that to paint on. Then I would paint right along with them. It was so much fun! I remember putting together photo shoots with my sister of our dolls. We would use our sandbox as a beach. J  I remember making bracelets with my friend to sell. We even made order forms! lol

Did your creative habits make a smooth transition into your adult life?  What did the evolution look like? 

Yes they did! My favorite class in grade school was art. My parents found me an art teacher in our town that I was able to take some classes from. I was always creating at home. I took the one and only art class available in high school. Then I chose to go to an art college. It has always been a part of my life.

If you had a creative hiatus, what event/circumstance brought you back to your creative lifestyle? 

I have not really had a hiatus. I love to create. For myself, for my family, for my shop. Every once in a while I just need a break to step away and get the creativity flowing again. But it is never far from me.

 

How has GOD been a part of your creative process/lifestyle? 

God has always been an important part of my life. HE gets all the credit for the gifts that I have been blessed with. I feel He has put art in my heart and this is what He wants me to do. I couldn’t be more happy with that!

What are you working on currently?

I am part of DaySpring’s (in)courage group and I am working on several pieces for their online store. They are the Christian division of Hallmark. I am also always trying to fit in some of my own original work while filling these orders! I have a lot of new pieces in my mind that I am just starting to work on.

 CLICK HERE to purchase the e-book of this Interview series for $4.99

4 comments:

Anita said...

So beautiful! I absolutely love Jennifer's work! Thank you for this feature today.

Bonita Rose said...

Love this interview.... so so good....

Annette said...

What a great interview and artist! Jennifer's work is not only inspiring but speaks to the soul!

Sadee Schilling said...

I love Jennifer's work! It was fun to read more about her. And I grew up painting with the artists on PBS too! :)