Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Artist Interview: Bev Falls


Name:  Bev Falls
Name of Business:  Soul Blessings

Creative Influences:  God, scripture, music, nature, other artists

Preferred Medium of Creativity: Canvas, paper, paint
Shop: Soul Blessings
Blog: My Awakened Heart

Brief Bio: My name is Bev, I am 57 years young, I love GOD with my whole heart, I am a maker of art and beautiful messes, I'm married to my high school sweetheart, mother to two sons, grandmother to two precious boys, who is journeying through this sweet life full of love, growth, trials, surrender, and grace...


What is one of your earliest creative memories? 
One of my earliest creative memories is  finger painting, and making greeting cards for my family members on birthdays, holidays, or whatever reason! Lots of pasting, gluing, and coloring going on there!  And of course, making paper dolls with my sister. 

Did your creative habits make a smooth transition into your adult life?  
Yes, they did. Creating has always been a part of me, a part of who I am...whether it be sewing, quilting, stenciling, card making, scrap booking, photography, and now my collage art. 

What did the evolution look like?  
Creating gifts for loved ones, sewing blankets and quilts, making clothes for my kids when they were little(after a certain age,they wouldn’t be caught dead in anything handmade!), decorating my home, scrap booking.   

If you had a creative hiatus, what event/circumstance brought you back to your creative lifestyle?  
Deeply painful circumstances with loved ones in my family took me deep into hiatus about 9 years ago. About 3 years ago, God and my “re-awakening” with Him brought me back to my art.  So, I had a period of about 6 years of my life where i was grieving around alot of tragedy, and felt very “damned up” emotionally.  God has helped me to release and express my grief and eventual healing. Art truly has been my therapy. 

How has GOD been a part of your creative process/lifestyle?  
God has clearly been instrumental in my ability to express myself artistically. He wants to use me to glorify Him through the art we make through my heart and hands. 


Is there a particular moment where your creativity became infused into a spiritual practice?  
I read an amazing book by J. Scott McElroy called “Finding Divine Inspiration: Working with the Holy Spirit in your Creativity”.  It really embraced and validated my own feelings about making art for and with God...He wants to collaborate with me!! 

What are you working on currently? 
My collage art.  It’s right where God wants me, for now...

 CLICK HERE to purchase the e-book of this Interview series for $4.99

3 comments:

What Remains Now said...

What a wonderful interview and beautiful artwork. I have to checkout the book, Finding Divine Inspiration.

Beth said...

Beautiful artwork!

I just discovered your blog, and I'm in love! It's so great to find another Jesus-loving artist...who is connecting me with other Jesus-loving artists! Thank you so much, I know that this blog is going to prove to be a great resource and inspiration for me.

denyse said...

Very nice :) I love when other artists are vocal about loving God!

denyse dar via blogtoberfest
your life is a work of art!
www.denysedar.com