Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Give me Joy Day 3: If Joy is the Essence of Life Why is it so Hard to Define?

 

If Joy is the Essence of Life Why is it so Hard to Define?

The word Joy has been showing up in little ways in my life since the beginning of the year. What is joy? Why is it necessary? Joy seems to me to be the essence of life. The outcome of things you are

hoping for but have not accomplished yet. The way you manage your anxiety and your impatience until you fully accomplish what you are working toward.

Joy. The whispering of the word brings a smile to my heart. I want more joy. I want the byproducts of joy: peace, contentment, a settling in.

How do you define joy?

What brings you joy?

What is the value of joy?

These are some of the questions I want to explore -won't you join me?

 

Experiencing more Joy: Can 15 Minutes Make a Difference?

 Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.

-

Psalm 33:3

God, the world gets so overwhelming with its demands

My life is filled with things that I 'must do'

Oh Lord as much as I would want more time with you

I feel so discouraged that even a few minutes wouldn't make difference.

 Holy Spirit, have mercy on me and help me to see where you are whispering

time into my life that I may be missing.

Help me to find space because I really truly want to God thank you for blessing me with the desire to be near you and a willing heart to be near you

 

Can 15 minutes make a difference?

You decide that you want to make a change in your life.

The problem is you do not have a ton of time to commit to the change.

Are you someone that has an all or nothing mantra when approaching change?

With lives as busy as many of us lead (or should I say are restricted by) it isn't realistic to go about making changes in your life contingent on an abundant amount of time opening up.

You want a flatter stomach? It starts with 100 sit ups. 

Can you find the time to do 100 sit ups every day?

IN other words, what can you commit to that is realistic?

Same thing with bringing more joy into your life.

It starts with one little decision.

Something you can do on a consistent basis for about... Let's say 15 minutes.

Ride a bike

Go for a walk

Read a poem

Sit quietly and pray.

The key is to start.


Joy in Action Moment:What is the change you are going to make into your life starting in 15

minute increments?

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

No comments: