Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 15: So do you Really Need MORE Information Before you make that Decision?

 

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your

 presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

 -

 Psalm 16:11

 God help my hesitation in the area of 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

You have shown me in the following ways that this is the next step I

need to take:

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Help me to not listen to the fears of others.

 

 My heart longs to live a life that is bigger than something I can attain

on my own.

 

You say your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Show me in your word this week that I am moving in the right direction.

 

I need you to help me let go of my unbelief.

I need to be reminded of the good plans you have for me,

I need to be reminded that it is you who began this good work in me

and that you will be faithful to complete it.


What is true vs. what feels true

 

Tommy Newberry defines feelings as "data you must filter through your reason."

 

 What happens when your way of reasoning is misaligned?

 

 Think about it this way:

Are there certain things you used to believe to be true as a child that

you no longer believe?

 

What changed?

 

You had access to more information. Other people with different experiences came into your life. You see that their experiences are shaping them and causing them to form different opinions, have different outcomes in their lives. You begin to widen the view of your feelings. Possibly notice how they can control you... give you misinformation.

 

Joy in Action Moment:

 

Is there a decision you need to make that your feelings are not lining

up with?

Where are you experiencing the discontent?

Is there a story that you are choosing to tell yourself? Is there new

information that has come your way that you have turned a blind eye

to?

 

Your Response: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

 

 

No comments: