Friday, August 4, 2023

Give Me Joy Day 13: Maybe it is Time to Take up Daydreaming Again

 

 You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart

give you joy in the days of your youth.

Ecclesiastes 11:9

Lord, I want to have a dream

I want to know my identity in you.

I want to come to you like a child and have more of the lighthearted

Joy that I see others have

I want to know the joy of the Holy Spirit directing me and cheering me on

into something designed especially for me

Thank you for hearing my prayers. I will be attentive to hearing your voice

speak new pathways to joy in my life

 

I wonder if you daydreamed as a kid.

If so, what did you dream about? Have you lost the ability to dream?

 

 The freedom to dream. The luxury of dreaming.

 

 Maybe you chose to stop dreaming.

Enough with goals.

Hope is overrated.

 

Maybe it is about being disappointed. Your dreams did not come

true. You want to dream new dreams. But you simply haven't gotten

over the disappointment from the last time you tried to reach for

something you really wanted.

 

 

For me I had to give my heart a breather, I needed to wait for God to

heal me a little bit. I had to come to terms with the reality that some of

"my" dreams were imposed on me because I was too aimless to come

up with one.

 

 

So wait to dream again if you need to. Heal. But keep the option

open and watch for it... The heart flutter will one day return.

 

Joy In Action Moment:

 

Are you in a healing stage from a broken dream? Has enough time

passed where you are beginning to feel your heart flutter again?

               ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE TO GET FREE RESOURCES

 

No comments: