Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Psalms as Prayers: What to Pray When you Can't Find Words Psalm 25

photo credit
To listen along on Sound Cloud: CLICK HERE
 
 
Psalm 25 :: New Living Translation (NLT)






I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.


No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.


Show me the right path, O LORD;
point out the road for me to follow.


Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.


Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.


Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O LORD.


LORD you are good and you do what is right;
You show the proper path to those who go astray.


You lead the humble in doing right,
teaching them his way.


LORD you lead with unfailing love and faithfulness
all who keep your covenant and obey your demands.


For the honor of your name, O LORD,
forgive my many, many sins.


Who are those who fear the LORD?
You God will show them the path they should choose.


They will live in prosperity,
and their children will inherit the land.


LORD you are a friend to those who are in awe of you
You teach us your covenant.


My eyes are always on you LORD,
for YOU rescue me from the traps of my enemies.


Turn to me and have mercy,
for I am alone and in deep distress.


My problems go from bad to worse.
Oh, save me from them all!


Feel my pain and see my trouble.
Forgive all my sins.


See how many enemies I have
and how viciously they hate me!


Protect me! Rescue my life from them!
Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.


May integrity and honesty protect me,
for I put my hope in you.


O God, ransom me
from all my troubles.

No comments: