Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Psalms as Prayers: How to Pray when you Can't Find The Words Psalm 7

photo credit

Psalm 7

I come to you for protection, O LORD my God.
Save me from my persecutors—rescue me!
If you don’t, they will maul me like a lion,
They will tear me to pieces with no one to rescue me.

O LORD my God, if I have done wrong
or am guilty of injustice,
if I have betrayed a friend
or plundered my enemy without cause,
then let my enemies capture me.
Let them trample me into the ground
and drag my honor in the dust.
Arise, O LORD, in anger!
Stand up against the fury of my enemies!
Wake up, my God, and bring justice!
Gather the nations before you.
Rule over them from on high.

LORD judges the nations.
Declare me righteous, O LORD,
for I am innocent, O Most High!
End the evil of those who are wicked,
and defend the righteous.

For you look deep within the mind and heart,
O righteous God.
God you are my shield,
saving those whose hearts are true and right.

Thank you God that you are an honest judge.
You are angry with the wicked every day.
If a person does not turn away from evil,
God you will sharpen your sword;
You will bend and string his bow.
You Lord prepare deadly weapons
and shoot flaming arrows to gain justice for the people.
Keep us safe from evil
Keep us from wicked people that conceive evil;
keep us from those that are pregnant with trouble
and give birth to lies.
Hide us from people who dig a deep pit to trap others,
Lord cause them to fall into it themselves.
Let the trouble they make for others backfires on them.
Cause the violence that evil people plan to fall on their own heads.
Thank the LORD that you are just;
I will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.



No comments: