Monday, April 10, 2017

Psalms as Prayers: How to Pray when you Can't Find The Words Psalm 6

photo credit
Psalm 6

Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak.
Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
I am sick at heart.
How long, O LORD, until you restore me?
Return, O LORD, and rescue me.
Save me because of your unfailing love.
For the dead do not remember you.
Who can praise you from the grave?
I am worn out from sobbing.
All night I flood my bed with weeping,
drenching it with my tears.
My vision is blurred by grief;
my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies.
Go away, all you who do evil,
Thank you Lord that you hear my weeping.
You LORD have heard my plea;
LORD answer my prayer.
May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified.
May they suddenly turn back in shame.

 

No comments: