Saturday, April 8, 2017

Psalms as Prayers - How to Pray When you can't find the Words Psalm 4






Answer me when I call to you,
O God who declare me innocent.
Free me from my troubles.
Have mercy on me and hear my prayer
Save me from people who want to ruin my reputation
Save me from people who make groundless accusations
Save me from people who continue to spread lies

LORD you set apart the godly for yourself.
LORD you will answer me when I call to you.
Help me God not to let anger control me.
Help me to think ahead and not be hasty with my decisions. 
Help me to think about my actions overnight and remain silent.

Help me to offer sacrifices in the right spirit,
and help me to trust you LORD.

Let your face smile on me, LORD.
You have given me greater joy
than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe.


No comments: