Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Time to Give Yourself a Life Makeover






I woke up the other day and | realized I was a bit tired of.. me. 

We tend to get into a rut about how we view things, talk about our lives, worry about our future.  

I decided that today I would do things differently. Just for a day.  I got up that morning and decided absolutely no internet.  Then I sat down on my couch and watched 3 television shows in a row without guilt that there was laundry to do or any other pressing chore within arms reach. Then I went to the coffee shop and had a pastry without any thought of calorie count.  I went home and went through my closet and gave away things that I just did not want to talk myself into wearing anymore.  Then I took a look n the mirror and cut some bangs in my hair and I wore my makeup a different way.  Finally when I felt tired I just went to bed .   

Now I will admit this was one of those rare days when I did not have to be anywhere and my little one was being cared for by my spouse which, to be honest, is actually part of my makeover day.  I gave myself permission to be by myself without feeling guilty of not taking advantage of family time.  

The next day I felt a little shift.  I gave myself permission to stop expecting to accomplish so much in a day.

Action Moment:
Do you need to give your life a mini makeover? If so, what would you do that day?  What would you wear?  What would you eat?  Who would you connect with?  Pick the day and relish the time.


Find more of my work CLICK HERE