Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Whose Dream is it?


I have begun listening to the archives on Monica Lee's website Smart Creative Women

I go back and forth on listening to these types of podcasts because I am so struck by how many people seemed to have had a bit of an advantage moving into a career as a creative entrepreneur but minimizing that fact a bit.  How many stories have you heard of someone trying to do it with family in tow, no backing from family, refusing to go into credit card debt and no creative community around them. Those are the stories I would like to start hearing about.  

What I have found refreshing about Monica's podcast is that I have stumbled upon a few creative entrepreneurs who did not have the rosy beginnings or who are NOT giving advice such as it's just because I am afraid of having financial abundance in my life.  um.... well I will resist the urge to get snarky.

OK so for this week's Linger question:

The dream that you are working to see come true - have you forgotten whose dream it is?  Are you allowing others to tell you all the must dos to bring it forth, has the dream been pushed and flexed and possibly even gotten so huge that you have forgotten the beauty of why you started to pursue it in the first place? 

Find more of my work CLICK HERE


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Robin, how refreshing. I've read so many articles that seem to presume a good level of finance and lots of contacts to start with, as well as having the rest of your life sorted so business can be your number one priority and it is great to see you telling it as it really is.

As for the linger questions - very important ones and I think it is good to take a look sometimes and see what is our dream and what has been added, and if we really want those additions. I think I need to contemplate this some more.