Friday, February 17, 2012

Artist Interview: Brittany Craft


LINKS:
 {Business Name} Fickle Pickle Designs
{Email} theficklepickle@live.com


What is one of your earliest creative memories?

Honestly, my creativity all started when I married my husband. Taking on the last name Craft kind of got me thinking. I started teaching myself how to do different things until I got really good at them. Having kids really opened me up to the world of mom’s and what they’re in need of. I love creating things that they request and seeing the happiness on their faces when they receive them.

How did you find your creative voice? 

I’ve always enjoyed making things or at least trying to learn. When my dad passed away in 2007 from Melanoma Cancer, crafting was a way to take my mind off things and just focus on the task at hand.


Did your creative habits make a smooth transition into your adult life?  What did the evolution look like? 

It all kind of hit me {and my family} head on. I had to really learn {still am learning} how to balance all the time I spend crafting and how I was starting to neglect my family. It takes a lot of time to run a business and they understand that. But, now I’ve become a major night-owl!

If you had a creative hiatus, what event/circumstance brought you back to your creative lifestyle? 

My friends always bring me back. They are always asking me to make new things they’ve seen here and there. So, I get right on trying to figure it out for them. And, everything usually takes off from there again.

How has GOD been a part of your creative process/lifestyle? 

I think God has brought me to where I am in life at this current moment to show me to appreciate everything so much more than I was before. I was always so busy. Now, I realize through Him, that life is too short. I spend every moment I possibly can with the ones I love. Getting closer with them and with Him every day.

 CLICK HERE to purchase the e-book of this Interview series for $4.99

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Taking on the last name Craft kind of got me thinking... lol... love it!! Such a pretty camera strap cover. Nice to meet Brittany!