Monday, January 23, 2012

Self Portrait

 This exercise from Inner Excavation is definitely one I am going to attempt to take on once a month

 I realize that there are HUGE blocks of time in my life where I have ZERO pictures of myself

As my little girl begins to ask me questions about when I WAS LITTLE, I realize that I am doing her a HUGE disservice by not keeping good records.

A lot of this stems from when I was 14 years old and my mother made the decision to leave my father.  She basically left Michigan for Arizona with her 4 kids and one suitcase each.  I have no photographs of myself as a child.  Then for many years after I had a reckless way about my life so of course who wants that photographed?

It wasn't until I was about 20 and had my first child that I sporadically took pictures of him. There are not many pictures of me during that time either. Honestly it isn't until I started blogging in 2008 that I began to put myself in front of the camera.

Find more of my work CLICK HERE

 

No comments: